Friday, November 5, 2010

Review: Durban Poison from Kind Pain Management



Name: Durban Poison
From: Kind Pain Management (Lakewood, CO)
Type: Sativa
Price: $50/eighth (includes tax)

Durban Poison is a landrace strain hailing from Durban, South Africa. It was stabilized there before seeds hit the global market. This sample was purchased from Kind Pain Management (KPM) in Lakewood, Colorado and is one of their house-strains. The first time I went to KPM they were all of out of their Durban Poison, which usually makes me flag that strain for the next visit. When I came back for round two it was in-stock and I was stoked. I grabbed it early on in the day, but did not get chance to puff on it until later that evening.

Durban Poison grows in long, dense buds, which is atypical from most sativas. This can be a detractor for sativas as dry, airy buds tend to fall apart when handling. This was not the case with the Durban Poison from KPM. These buds held together until I was ready to slay them. Breaking the nugs into my bowl was easy as if they just crumbled into keef ready for me to smoke.

The aroma from the broken-up buds was wonderful. It was sweet and fresh, reminding me of dryer sheets. It also had a slight backing of an aniseed or licorice flavor as well. Very nice. The stems were proportionate in size and snapped when bent, indicating a thorough drying process. The smoke itself was smooth and the taste matched the smell completely. When smoked they burned down to almost no ash which shows they were flushed properly.


This Durban Poison was a quick hitter; I was feeling the high behind my eyes almost as soon as I exhaled.

Finish reading the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment